Tremonton City is currently accepting applications for paid Volunteer Firefighters working on an on-call basis. Position will provide the City with prevention and mitigation of emergencies and disasters, will respond promptly and attend to emergencies involving fire, medical, rescue, and environmental concerns, will participate in inspections of businesses, public and private properties for hazards and fire code violations, attend trainings and other duties as assigned under the direction of the Fire Chief.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent with successful completion of Tremonton City Fire Department Initial Firefighter Training Program within the first year on the Department, and current Utah State Firefighter 1 certification, current Emergency Medical Technician and Hazardous Material Awareness and Operations certifications within the first year on the Department. Knowledge of tools and equipment used in fire and medical emergencies, Fire Department policies and procedures; alarm and communication procedures; safety procedures and Uniform Fire Codes is preferred.
Special Requirements include:
· A one year probationary period is a prerequisite to this position.
· Successful completion of Tremonton City Fire Department Initial Firefighter Training Program. (Must complete training program within first year on Department.)
· Must obtain during the first year on the Department the following certifications: Utah State Firefighter 1 certification, current Emergency Medical Technician and Hazardous Material Awareness and Operations certifications.
· Attends training on Thursday nights, 2 unexcused drills in a row is not permitted and are grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
· Must provide a minimum of 24 hours of night on-call each month and a minimum of 6 hours of Department training each month; failure to meet requirement is grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
· Must be 21 years of age and not over the age of 70 years old.
· Must successfully complete a background test, pre-employment medical examination, and pre-employment drug test.
· Must successfully pass ongoing drug testing associated with public safety positions.
· Must purchase Department shirts, uniforms and boots. (Other personal protective equipment will be provided)
· Maintain Utah Driver’s License.
· Must live within Tremonton City limits.
Please submit application to the Tremonton City HR Director at 102 S. Tremont St., Tremonton, UT 84337 or in person at 102 South Tremont Street, Tremonton, Utah. Job is open until filled with the first round of application and resume review scheduled for October 25, 2016. Tremonton City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.