SEXUALLY ORIENTED BUSINESS OVERLAY ZONE DISTRICT (SOB)
1.13.020 District Restrictions.
1.13.030 Permits and Licenses Required.
It is the purpose and object of this Chapter is to establish reasonable and uniform regulations governing the location of Sexually Oriented Businesses (SOB). This Chapter shall be construed to protect the governmental interests recognized by this Chapter in a manner consistent with constitutional protections provided by the United States and Utah Constitutions.
This Chapter imposes regulatory standards for Sexually Oriented Businesses and except where the context or specific provisions require, this Chapter does not supersede or nullify any other related ordinances or state laws. In cases of conflicting regulatory standards the most restrictive regulatory standards shall be applied.
Definitions of terms in this Chapter related to Sexually Oriented Business shall be defined in Chapter 9-700 Sexually Oriented Businesses of the Revised Ordinances of Tremonton City Corporation.
1.13.020 DISTRICT RESTRICTIONS.
A. Adult Business, Sexually Oriented Business, or any business that is required to have Sexually Oriented Business license as required by Chapter 9-700 of the Revised Ordinances of Tremonton City Corporation may only be allowed in the boundaries of the Sexually Oriented Business Overlay Zone District (Map 1.03), provided that the said business is not located within the distance to surrounding facilities and zoning boundaries as follows:
1. Within one-thousand (1,000) feet of any school, public park, public building, library, or religious institution;
2. Within six-hundred (600) feet of any other sexually oriented business or an establishment that sells any alcoholic beverages; or
3. Within one-thousand (1,000) feet of any residential use (no matter which zoning district) or a residential zoning boundary;
4. Within six-hundred (600) feet of any gateway or gateway corridor as identified in this Title and the Tremonton City General Plan. The distance shall be measured from the edge of the right-of-way. For purposes of this Chapter, “gateway” or “gateway corridor” shall mean the state highways, freeways and other primary access roads by which vehicular access to and through Tremonton City is obtained.
5. Distance requirements between structures and uses specified in this Section shall be measured in a straight line, without regard to intervening structures or zoning districts, from the perimeter property boundaries of the school, public park, public building, library, religious institution, residential use, or other sexually oriented business or establishment that sells alcoholic beverages, or from the edge of the right-of-way of a gateway or gateway corridor, to the nearest point on the structure of the sexually oriented business.
6. Distance requirements from zoning districts for this Section shall be measured in a straight line, without regard to intervening structures or zoning districts, from the closest zoning boundary of a residential district to the nearest point on the sexually oriented business structure.
B. Lot Regulations. The Sexually Oriented Business Overlay Zone District’s lot regulations shall be the same as the underlying zoning district except as may be modified in this Chapter or as part of a Conditional Use Permit approval.
Signs for Sexually Oriented Businesses shall be subject to the limitations in Chapter 1.27 Sign Permit of this Title.
1.13.030 PERMITS AND LICENSES REQUIRED.
It is unlawful for any person to operate a Sexually Oriented Business without first obtaining permits and licenses which may include but are not limited to: Conditional Use Permit, Site Plan Permit, General Business License, and a Sexually Oriented Business License.